Actress and YouTube star Skai Jackson is truly a black girl who rocks! She made her first debut in the film Liberty Kid back in 2007, and starring as Zuri Ross in the Disney Channel series Jessie and Bunk’d. Now, you can add the title of being an author under her belt.
Her new book ‘Reach for the Skai: How to Inspire, Empower, and Clapback’ hit the book shelfs on October 1st, 2019. JaGurl TV founder Ravin Williams caught up with Ms. Jackson at the 2019 Black Girl Rock award show, and she had so many great things to say about the book; “Im really excited to have a book about myself. Theres certain things that people talk about me, or have a perception about me; and this book is going to let you know what I went through in my life.”
In an interview with Teen Vogue, Skai let us in on the five steps to composting a classy clawback:
- Take ten deep breaths. Never tweet while you’re angry; you’ll probably regret it later.
- Get sassy. Never use curse words, foul language, or racial slurs, or say anything about a person’s appearance. Just work with being smart-mouthed.
- Stick to the facts. See if you can educate them a little bit.
- Less is more. As in fashion and daytime makeup, go light. Say what you have to say, make sure you’ve been clear, then keep it moving. You don’t have to use all 280 characters.
- Get ghost. Type your reply, then turn off your phone or close the app and don’t open it for at least forty-five minutes.
Be sure to check out Skai Jackson’s new book at a book store near you.