According to the statics, nearly a third of the music streamed last year were Hip Hop/R&B hits. Marking it as the most popular streaming music genre in 2020.
MRC Data is a company that provides music sales data. Recently, the company partnered with Billboard to produce the end of the year report on audio music consumption.
One of the biggest highlights of 2020 was Lil Baby’s album My Turn. The project was released on February 28, the album lasted 5 consecutive weeks on BillBoaeds top list. The biggest singles from the album, “We Paid” with 42 Dugg and “The bigger picture”, placed in the top 10 in the all-genre Billboard Hot 100 Chart.
The hit singles were placed on the album’s deluxe edition on May 1st.
The country singer’s made history as her eight studio album, Folklore, and ninth studio album, Evermore, held two top positions on the Billboard Top Album Sales. This is the first time a woman has ever held a No.1 and No. 2 at the same time.
The late rapper Pop Smoke’s Shoot for the Stars Aim for the Moon debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard. The rapper ended the year with his first four visits to the Billboard’s Rhythmic Songs List. This has made him the first posthumous artist to top the rhythmic songs lists.
Listed Below are the Top 10 albums of 2020:
- Lil Baby, My Turn (2.632 million)
- Taylor Swift, Folklore (2.204 million)Taylor Swift, Folklore (2.204 million)
- Pop Smoke, Shoot for the Stars Aim for the Moon (2.198 million)
- The Weeknd, After Hours (2.032 million
- Juice Wrld, Legends Never Die (1.990 million
- Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding (1.895 million)
- Lil Uzi Vert, Eternal Atake (1.860 million)
- Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial (1.792 million)
- Harry Styles, Fine Line (1.522 million)
- Luke Combs, What You See Is What You Get (1.475 million)