Lizzo took to her Instagram to share with her followers how she’s celebrating Juneteenth in a big way. The singer and songwriter organized a silent online auction and raffle with the purpose of giving back to black organizations and businesses. In honor of the black historical holiday, it was a wonderful day to support the black community.
According to Lizzo, the silent auction will also involve “some of her favorite people and artists.” Some people and brands who joined in on the project are Missy Elliot, Tracee Ellis Ross, Janelle Monae, Urban Decay Cosmetics, and Quay Australia (who Lizzo did a sunglasses collab with before).
For only a $10 minimum donation, fans will automatically be entered to win:
- Video call with Lizzo for you and your friends
- Custom vase in the shape of Lizzo’s iconic booty
- Two (2) VIP tickets to an upcoming Lizzo concert (dates and locations TBD)
- Learn some of the Big Grrrl moves and dance with Lizzo during soundcheck
- Big Grrrl All Access Tour Pass
- VIP seats for the show OR watch the show from backstage
- Roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations for two (2) nights for you and a guest
Lizzo used her platform to give back to Minneapolis Sanctuary Movement, Black Women Speak, and Black Church Food Security Network. For more information, go to LizzoLovesYou.com