Majority of the time, when we hear the word “selfish”, it’s used in a negative way. However, this time is a little different. When I say “It’s time to start being selfish”, I mean, it’s time to really get YOURSELF together and not worry about anyone else.
There are times where we worry about our friends, our family, and other people’s problems that ultimately have nothing to do with us. And with all that energy that we’re feeding other people making sure they’re okay, are you really making sure that you’re good at the end of the day? Trust me, I’m guilty of it too!
I’m here to tell you to focus your energy on the things you care about! Whether that’s a business, your school work, a goal in mind, or learning something new, make it happen for yourself!
At this point in your life, you do not have time for drama. It’s imperative you maintain a positive energy, this is critical to your self development and the growth of your ideas and/or goals. In order to excel, you must continue to must have positive energy around you. Your business growth starts with your self development so take it serious!
Ways To Maintain A Positive Energy:
1. Be Your Own Encouragement!
- Oftentimes we seek validation from those around us
- The issue is when people don’t validate our success and encourage us throughout the process we feel unsuccessful
- To be your own encouragement you must celebrate yourself! Write your wins of the day..everyday!
2. Self Affirmations
- Start speaking to your future! This will help you remain positive
- “I will do well in school”, “My business will be successful”, “I will conquer anything that comes my way!”
3. Social Media Fast
- Let’s be honest sometimes we lose focus and get caught up in the hype on social media.
- We start comparing our lives to others
- Take a break from social media. Fasting from from apps such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will help you to re-energize and focus on your energy on more valuable things.