Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs has been no stranger to speaking out on changes needed to be made within the Black Community. This time he decides to take things up a notch.
Diddy decided to launch, ‘Our Black Party‘ a Political Group who’s mission is to “advance a political agenda that addresses the needs of Black people.” Their mission statement also stated, “We envision an America where Black people are liberated and participate freely in the political, economic, and social systems that work together for our benefits. We will power the Black political agenda by developing a coalition of people and organizations committed to building Black political power and fiercely advocating for radical change that dramatically improves the quality of life for Black people in America.”
Diddy has also recently relaunched his ‘Vote Or Die’ campaign, which is a political service group, founded by himself and backed by Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey and 50 Cent. This campaign was put into motion to get young people and minorities to vote.
Diddy’s Political Party lists 9 core tenets:
- Black people have a right to own their politics
- Black people have a right to a fair and just criminal legal system.
- Black people have a right to economic equity and equality within the United States of America.
- Black people have a right to health equity in the United States of America.
- Black people have a right to education equity in the United States of America.
- Black people have a right to every unalienable right guaranteed in the constitution of the United States.
- Black people have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- Black people are not a monolithic group and, therefore, we have a right to advocate for different things.
- Above all, Black people have a responsibility to love each other and accountability is love.
For more info visit, Ourblackparty.org